ceciliamrobert

Cecilia Robert

I blog, write, read books like crazy.

Courage
Carrie Butler
Strength (Mark of Nexus, #1)
Carrie Butler
Stardust
Mimi Strong
Playing For Keeps (The Game, #2)
Emma Hart
The Clockwork Bluebird
Ravven
First Soul (The Soul Keeper #1)
Keeley Smith
Allure
Nina Lane
Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2)
M. Leighton
Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1)
Laini Taylor
Pantomime
Laura Lam
Farsighted (Farsighted, #1) - Emlyn Chand Can I have this dance?
So that is exactly what I'd ask Alex if I ever get a chance to meet him. Without shame. That's what happens when an author creates a character so well, that a reader can't help but fall in love.

I would like to congratulate Emlyn Chand on writing a brilliant and engaging debut novel.

With that said, in Emlyn Chand's debut novel Farsighted was one of the best original paranormal novels I’ve read this year, scratch that, the best. She does an amazing job of describing in detail how Alex perceives his surroundings by what he hears, touches, smells, tastes and feels. And she did an exceptional job on Alex’s character as a blind teenage boy’s POV.

It’s been a while since I read a book this brilliant in all ways: The characters were well drawn, the pacing was wonderfully done, and the descriptions were superb. I could see the world through Alex. Alex character is original. He’s blind but that doesn’t limit him to do stuff. In a way, I think it makes him stronger and the best thing about his character, he doesn’t feel sorry for himself. He is gifted with 'the second sight' which enables him to see the future and present.
It was a treat to get to know him through his thoughts and all his teenager behaviours and emotions. And for writing an MC in a guy’s POV, Ms. Chand did an exceptional job of it. It was also fun reading about the other character’s as well, Simmi, Alex's love interest is strong and encouraging. Shapri who completes this triangle is never afraid to speak her mind and always seems to yank Alex out of his comfort zone in the begining of the book. For a second there - and I emphasis second - I really wanted him to kiss Shapri.
As I don’t want to give much away, I highly recommend Farsighted. I’m eagerly looking forward to reading the follow-up of this novel. This book is a treasure and I’ll be keeping it on my shelf for years to come.