ceciliamrobert

Cecilia Robert

I blog, write, read books like crazy.

Courage
Carrie Butler
Strength (Mark of Nexus, #1)
Carrie Butler
Stardust
Mimi Strong
Playing For Keeps (The Game, #2)
Emma Hart
The Clockwork Bluebird
Ravven
First Soul (The Soul Keeper #1)
Keeley Smith
Allure
Nina Lane
Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2)
M. Leighton
Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1)
Laini Taylor
Pantomime
Laura Lam
Beg for Mercy (Cambion, #1) - Shannon Dermott This is one of those books if you start reading, make sure you have enough time to read it in one sitting. If it's possible. I didn't know how good this was, so I had a hard time putting it aside to do other stuff. I loved reading it.

Mercy is a half demon. She discovers how deadly her kiss is for the first time when she kisses her human best friend, Paul. And since then she keeps her distance to avoid hurting or kill anyone. One night at a party, with just a single kiss from one one of the boys from her school, the interest in her skyrockets. Suddenly she's attracting boys like moths to a flame. The description is so well done, I could just see their faces in my mind.

Mercy's character was well drawn out, and it was super-fun seeing the world through her eyes and the conflicts she was facing (on top of her being a teen). The other characters were also very well drawn out.The book is written in a style that is uniquely the author's. I liked the idea the author used of using Mercy's SAT words at the begining to every chapter, which made the book even more enjoyable for me

It does need some editing, but that did not stop me from enjoying this novel. I'm looking forward to the sequel.
I'd recommend this to anyone who enjoys reading good YA paranormal novel.