ceciliamrobert

Cecilia Robert

I blog, write, read books like crazy.

Courage
Carrie Butler
Strength (Mark of Nexus, #1)
Carrie Butler
Stardust
Mimi Strong
Playing For Keeps (The Game, #2)
Emma Hart
The Clockwork Bluebird
Ravven
First Soul (The Soul Keeper #1)
Keeley Smith
Allure
Nina Lane
Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2)
M. Leighton
Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1)
Laini Taylor
Pantomime
Laura Lam
Blood Warrior (The Alexa Montgomery Saga, #1) - H.D. Gordon Blood Warrior has one of the best Chapter One opening and ending I’ve ever read. Chapter one begins: "It wasn’t dead when I found it." And ends with “The book fell at exactly the same moment the door opened.” This suspenseful writing continues throughout the book, every chapter ends with a sentence that makes you eager to turn the next page and see what happens next. And trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Alexa's life changes when they are attacked by beings she never knew existed. Then she finds out she is not the person who she always thought she was, but more, and one of her kind. As the story advances, we get to meet other characters, interesting characters, experience her turmoil at the stuff going on around her.
The other thing I enjoyed about this book were the characters, both the main and minor characters. The author did a great job. Alexa is tough girl, who hides her pain from the world and will do anything for the people she loves, and those she doesn’t even know. And extremely witty. I found myself laughing at some of her thoughts and answers.
Jackson, Alexa’s best friend is just awesomely sweet, loves and accepts her. And one of the people Alexa allows to get close to her. And always makes her smile.
Kayden is this brooding guy (don’t we all love those *grinning*) but he has a reason for being the way he is. Upon meeting Alexa - although the story is written in Alexa’s POV - his actions speak louder than words. And the fact that she has the capability to make Kayden smile and laugh, these two compliment each other in all ways. The more you read their story the more you discover just deep they are meant for each other. Intriguing.
The ending came so unexpectedly – in a good way- leaving me thirsty for the second book. I highly recommend H.D Gordon’s Debut novel to all paranormal stories fans.
I'm really looking forward to the next novel in this series.