ceciliamrobert

Cecilia Robert

I blog, write, read books like crazy.

Courage
Carrie Butler
Strength (Mark of Nexus, #1)
Carrie Butler
Stardust
Mimi Strong
Playing For Keeps (The Game, #2)
Emma Hart
The Clockwork Bluebird
Ravven
First Soul (The Soul Keeper #1)
Keeley Smith
Allure
Nina Lane
Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2)
M. Leighton
Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1)
Laini Taylor
Pantomime
Laura Lam
The Guardian Duke - Jamie Carie I've never read an of Jamie Carie books, but I'm glad I got to read this one.
Gabriel, the Duke of Easton is appointed by the King to be the guardian to Lady Alexander Featherstone. At around the same time, Gabriel mysteriously becomes deaf.

On the other side, Lady Alexander receives word that her parents are dead. In desperate need to prove that the king is wrong, she makes plans to go find her parents herself.

Gabriel receives word that it is urgent to protect Alexander, so he decides to go and bring her back himself. Alexander gets wind of the dukes plans. A game of cat and mouse ensues, with Alexander trying as much as she can to put a great distance between herself and the duke.

I truly enjoyed this book, the letters Gabriel and Alexander sent to each other.

One thing though - and I'm not sure it was explained. What caused the duke to become deaf?

I'd recommend this book to fans of regency stories. I look forward to reading the second book in the series. Probably will answer some questions.