ceciliamrobert

Cecilia Robert

I blog, write, read books like crazy.

Courage
Carrie Butler
Strength (Mark of Nexus, #1)
Carrie Butler
Stardust
Mimi Strong
Playing For Keeps (The Game, #2)
Emma Hart
The Clockwork Bluebird
Ravven
First Soul (The Soul Keeper #1)
Keeley Smith
Allure
Nina Lane
Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2)
M. Leighton
Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1)
Laini Taylor
Pantomime
Laura Lam
Colors Like Memories - Meradeth Houston Colors Like Memories is a story which follows Julia's life and switched from present to past.

Julia is a Sary, and such she has a purpose in this world.In the present, her charge is Marcy, a teenage girl dealing with a drunk father, and ridden with guilt. Feels responsible for her mom's death. Her father doesn't help much in regards to easing that guilty.
Julia on the other side is dealing with her own loss, a companion she lost years ago and since then has never felt whole again.
Enter Edison, a Sary. Patient and sweet guy, and has a reason why he keeps hanging around Julia.

Then there is Derek, Julia's companion. I could feel the pain she was going through as she tried to live her life without him. As the memories of what happened to him years ago plagued her mind. From what I learned when the Julia's POV switched to the past, Derek was a wonderful ,sensitive, fun and loving person.

This a great story about healing, learning to forgive oneself. My only issue was the pacing at the begining which felt a bit slow. It picked up close to the middle and everything was super fine.

Sary world looks like an interesting. Hopefully there will be more of this world. I look forward to reading more from the author.

**Thank you Ms Houston for giving me a chance to read and review 'Colors Like Memories'**