ceciliamrobert

Cecilia Robert

I blog, write, read books like crazy.

Courage
Carrie Butler
Strength (Mark of Nexus, #1)
Carrie Butler
Stardust
Mimi Strong
Playing For Keeps (The Game, #2)
Emma Hart
The Clockwork Bluebird
Ravven
First Soul (The Soul Keeper #1)
Keeley Smith
Allure
Nina Lane
Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2)
M. Leighton
Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1)
Laini Taylor
Pantomime
Laura Lam
Flight - Alyssa Rose Ivy First, I'd like to thank ATOMR for giving me this chance to participate in this tour.

I read Ms Ivy's Afterglow Trilogy a while back, and all I have to say Flight - a very apt title - is completely different from the author's previous series - in a very good way. I really enjoyed reading this book.

The story is written in Allison's - or Allie as the character prefers people to call her - POV. We experience her journey as she starts working at her dad's hotel in New Orleans, to when she meets this hunk - Levi. Then things take Flight from there. At the risk of saying too much, - very easy for me to do at this moment - as I just completed reading it two days ago, and haven't gotten over it, I'll stop.

I enjoyed meeting all the characters in this book, especially Levi who was cocky at first, but as I got to know him, I understood the reason why. I really loved his character. And I was torn between laughing out loud at some of the stuff that flew out of his mouth and really getting annoyed at what he said. Man, this guy is dangerous. Then there are other side characters like Jared, Levi's wingman and his temper that flares very easily, Haillie the best friend anyone would ever want, and Owen, easy going and would totally want to have him on my side. They are just as important in this story.

The author also did a great job with the descriptions. I've never been to New Orleans, but through her vivid descriptions, I could see it in my mind's eye.

One thing is for sure, with an ending like that, I' m definitely looking forward to Focus. This is an great addition to New Adult, as well as the paranormal genre.