ceciliamrobert

Cecilia Robert

I blog, write, read books like crazy.

Courage
Carrie Butler
Strength (Mark of Nexus, #1)
Carrie Butler
Stardust
Mimi Strong
Playing For Keeps (The Game, #2)
Emma Hart
The Clockwork Bluebird
Ravven
First Soul (The Soul Keeper #1)
Keeley Smith
Allure
Nina Lane
Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2)
M. Leighton
Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1)
Laini Taylor
Pantomime
Laura Lam
The Bet - Rachel Van Dyken Ooh I enjoyed reading The Bet! :) The prologue was enticing enough for me to click the 'Buy' button on Amazon.
Kacey grew up around Jake and Travis. During their college years, she was involved with Jake. Only to realise he wasn't who she thought he was. On the other hand, Travis, poor young Travis just hovered in the background searching for ways to impress young Kacey. He knew Tracey loved princess stories, but how was one supposed to be a prince when there were no dragons to slay? - Travis words, not mine. So he resulted to causing trouble for Kacey so he could save her. And most of those antics backfired completely. Worst thing was, Kacey hated him for that, and to her, Travis was Satan himself.
Now all grown up, Kacey's come back home in pretense that she is Jake's fiancee, and meets Travis. His feelings for Kacey have intensified over the years.

Aw...this is a wonderful story. The dialogue was pure classic - loved it!

Rachel Van Dyken did a great job with this story and characters. If you're looking for a sweet friends-to-lovers (more enemies to lovers story) with a HEA, I highly recommend 'The Bet'.