ceciliamrobert

Cecilia Robert

I blog, write, read books like crazy.

Courage
Carrie Butler
Strength (Mark of Nexus, #1)
Carrie Butler
Stardust
Mimi Strong
Playing For Keeps (The Game, #2)
Emma Hart
The Clockwork Bluebird
Ravven
First Soul (The Soul Keeper #1)
Keeley Smith
Allure
Nina Lane
Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2)
M. Leighton
Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1)
Laini Taylor
Pantomime
Laura Lam
Knee Deep - Jolene Perry What a fantastic story! So heartbreaking and real. Loving someone is easy, especially if you've known them like forever. Letting go is hard,and finally when you take a deep breath and exhale, there's that big, bright light at the end of the tunnel.

Like the previous books I've read written by Jolene Perry, this one had me turning the pages, experiencing the MCs conflicts, emotions and her life.

Ronnie and Shawn have been in love for a while now, and to Ronnie, their love is meant to last forever. Lately it seems Shawn has changed, and become more aggressive and possessive of Ronnie. On the other hand, Shawn's life isn't perfect. He works for his bad-tempered father after school. His life at home is not a peaceful one with his parents fighting like every night.

Then there is Luke, Ronnie's bestfriend who loves her, but never showed her his true feelings, that is until both take part in Romeo and Juliet. He is like a knight with some sort radar, always sensing when Ronnie needs to be rescued from very tight spots, and always from Shawn. Luke is also the kind of easy going guy who stops by your house to have a chat your parents, help with stuff. And the parents adore him. I wish I had one of like him. instead of the ones who had a habit of sneaking around in the backyard.

Being Ronnie isn't easy, and the kind of situation she finds herself in is quite a strain, and I guess emotionally confusing. It was great to see Ronnie finally stop defending Shawn after realising her love for him will never surpass his need to be possessive and his aggressiveness. I highly recommend this book, and in the process, checkout other books by Ms Perry.